About VentraIP Australia
VentraIP Australia is an auDA ISS and ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web hosting provider located in Narre Warren that delivers services to a broad range of customer types; from hobbyist and small businesses through to blue chip and government departments.
It is a core function of our business to develop systems that enhance the experience for our customers, while delivering improved financial results through process automation and enhanced service offerings.
Joining our Development team
As the Software Development Manager at VentraIP Australia, you will work with a close, agile team to deliver new projects and continuous improvements to our internal and customer facing systems. We’re looking for someone who is professional, passionate, proactive, goal oriented and posses excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience managing Agile development processes and able to work with cross- functional teams.
- More than 5 years’ experience in OOP PHP development with LAMP stack.
- Coding in PHP using Laravel Framework with MVC development model.
- Work on projects from conception through to delivery and deployment.
- Capable to provide good solution towards complex development projects/environments.
- Experience in working with Linux commands and environment.
- Great understanding of relational database using MySQL MariaDB and DB schema design using MySQL Workbench.
- Experience with automated testing using PHPUnit or Bamboo.
- RESTful API JSON format and SOAP Web Service development experience.
- Experience using Git for project version control.
- Maintain and follow PSR-2 coding style guide.
Preferred (but not required) knowledge, skills and experience
- Have a good understanding about implementation of good UI/UX in web development.
- Familiar with semantic versioning and changelog.
- Experience in using CMS platform such as WordPress.
- Knowledge in Domain Name and Web Hosting (cPanel, WHM, Plesk, etc.) industries is valuable.
- Experience and know how to work with PERL and Python languages.
Atmosphere and perks
We have a mantra within the company to take care of the people who take care of our customers, and we do this every day by:
- Providing healthy and delicious meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Having a fully stocked snack bar with potato chips, chocolate bars, lollies and fresh fruit
- Offering a fridge full of soft drinks, juices, water, beer and wine, alongside a cafe quality coffee machine
Our team also have access to a purpose built recreation centre inside of our office, known as Jesse’s, which offers 24/7 access to:
- A fully equipped gym with cardio machines, weights and a boxing bag
- Private nap room
- 4K Racing car simulator
- Air hockey table
- Pool table
- Arcade machine with 2,100 classic games
- A comfortable reclining sofa in front of a 65” 4K TV with Foxtel, Netflix, YouTube Red, WWE Network and a PS4 Pro with VR and dozens of the latest games
All team members are encouraged to do great work and meet targets and deadlines with the chance to spin our rewards wheel which has plenty of fantastic prizes including a brand new car.
We also have an on-site salon where our resident stylist provides free haircuts on a regular basis.
Please note: due to strict security requirements you may be required to undergo a National Police check and/or equivalent background checks.