About VentraIP Australia
VentraIP Australia is the largest self-funded web hosting provider and domain name registrar in the country with more than 300,000 active services to support.
As an auDA and ICANN accredited domain name registrar, our company is trusted to deliver online solutions to a wide range of customers that include bloggers, photographers, businesses, government departments and everybody in between.
Our brand and reputation have been built on providing high quality service through industry leading customer service and technical support.
Joining our Technical Support team
As part of our front line team, you will be tasked with ensuring our customers continue to receive the best customer service and technical support in the industry while providing a timely resolution to issues raised by our customers.
Flexibility is key as you will be required to work as part of a 24/7 rotating roster while having the option of working from our head office in Melbourne’s South Eastern suburbs (Narre Warren).
Core functions and duties
- Perform Linux server administrative tasks
- Monitor and respond to service alerts
- Assist customers over the phone and via email with technical support enquiries
- Have fun and learn more about our core values and services
- cPanel (WHM) control panel
- Domain names and DNS
- FTP, SSH and email protocols such as POP3, IMAP and SMTP
- Prior Linux (CentOS) and VMware experience preferred but not required
Atmosphere and perks
We have a mantra within the company to take care of the people who take care of our customers, and we do this every day by:
- Providing healthy and delicious meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Having a fully stocked snack bar with potato chips, chocolate bars, lollies and fresh fruit
- Offering a fridge full of soft drinks, juices, water, beer and wine, alongside a cafe quality coffee machine
Our team also have access to a purpose built recreation centre inside of our office, known as Jesse’s, which offers 24/7 access to:
- A fully equipped gym with cardio machines, weights and a boxing bag
- Private nap room
- 4K Racing car simulator
- Air hockey table
- Pool table
- Air hockey table
- Arcade machine with 2,100 classic games
- A comfortable reclining sofa in front of a 65″ 4K TV with Foxtel, Netflix, YouTube Red, WWE Network and a PS4 Pro with VR and dozens of the latest games
All team members are encouraged to do great work and meet targets and deadlines with the chance to spin our rewards wheel which has plenty of fantastic prizes including a brand new car.
We also have an on-site salon where our resident stylist provides free haircuts on a regular basis.
Please note: due to strict security requirements you may be required to undergo a National Police check and/or equivalent background checks.